WEDNESDAY APRIL 14, 2021 – 2PM EST- 4:30PM EST
VIRTUAL HOPE IN THE DARKNESS WALK 2021
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS & GUIDELINES
The virtual walk will feature walkers tuning in while walking in their community. The virtual walk will be hosted by Hope Founder Kevin Redsky, youth co-chairs, ISWO Regional Coordinators and partners. Getting outdoors into the fresh spring season will be a highlight of the Hope in the Darkness Conference.
The guidelines are:
- The virtual walk will follow ALL COVID-19 Guidelines, restrictions and local public health measures including outdoor gathering guidelines.
- We encourage walkers to walk with family members or those within your bubble.
- The use of trail systems and areas with no traffic is encouraged.
- Social distancing rules will apply.
- Face masks and hand sanitizer will be mandatory.
- Bringing your own bottled water is encouraged.
- Virtual walk communities will register participants and maintain a list of participants.
- The walk will begin at 2:00PM EST and will wrap around 4:30PM on Wednesday April 14, 2021, it is estimated the distance travelled will be 5-8 kilometres.
- A closing circle will wrap up the virtual walk event, followed by an evening virtual celebration concert.
- We encourage you to wear your Hope in the Darkness gear and take pictures and post them to social media.
- Please use the hashtag #Hopeinthedarkness2021 or #HOPEwalk2021
- Please fill out the registration form for everyone walking in the Hope in the Darkness Walk.
For more details on organizing a virtual walk in your community,
please contact Kevin at 807-464-2226 or the ISWO team.
Find out more at hopeinthedarkness.ca or visit us at: Facebook: @walkforyouthmentalhealth,
Twitter: @youthMHwalk or Instagram: @walkforyouthmentalhealth
HERE IS THE LINK TO REGISTRATION FORM (FOR THOSE NOT REGISTERED IN THE CONFERENCE):